2013年12月22日日曜日

Beauty & Pure 130




































Mr.C.R. Wright, Swami Yogananda's secretary, asked : How shall I realise God ?
Sri Bhagavan : God is an unknown entity. Moreover, He is external. Whereas, the SELF is always with you and it is "you". Why do you leave out what is intimate and go in for what is external ?
D.: What is this SELF ?
Sri Bhagavan : The SELF is known to every one but not clearly. You always exist. The BE-ing is the SELF. "I AM" is the name of God. Of all the definitions of God, none is indeed so well put as the Biblical statement : " I AM THAT I AM", in Exodus (Chap.3). There are other statements, such a Brahmaivaham , Aham Brahmasmi and Soham. But, none is so direct as the name JEHOVAH = " I AM ". The Absolute Being is 'What IS' -- It is the SELF. It is GOD. Knowing the SELF, GOD is known. In fact, GOD is none other than the SELF.







0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿