2013年12月8日日曜日

Beauty & Pure 117

Again today a visitor put questions : "I do not understand how to make the enquiry, " Who Am I ? "

Sri Bhagavan : Find out whence the "I" arises. Self-Enquiry does not mean argument or reasoning such as goes on when you say, 'I am not this body, I am not the senses,' etc.; all that may also help, but it is not the enquiry. Watch and find out where in the body the "I" arises and fix your mind on that.

D.: Will 'Gayatri Mantra' help ?

Sri Bhagavan : What is 'Gayatri Mantra' ? It really means : "Let me concentrate on That which illumines all." Dhyana really means only concentrating or fixing the mind on the object of dhyana. But, meditation is our real nature. If we give up other thoughts, what remains is "I" and its nature is dhyana or meditation or Jnana, whichever we choose to call it. What is at one time the means, later becomes the end ; unless meditation or dhyana were the nature of the SELF, it could not take you to the SELF. If the means were not of the nature of the goal, it could not bring you to the goal.












0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿